WRITER / SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Temp-to-Perm onsite marketing position available.
The Writer/Social Media Coordinator will write, review and edit marketing material and coordinate social media activities for the organization. This role will work collaboratively with staff from across the organization to promote their goals and messages while maintaining and aligning with corporate message and image. This person will play a pivotal role in executing and refining Luminex' credibility and build communities to create integrated marketing campaigns ensuring consistency in voice and brand.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy to suit. Write advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media to promote sale of goods and services.
- Research, write, edit and proof all levels of copy included headlines and body copy, for all online, offline, external and internal needs.
- Build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online, to support corporate goals, incorporating Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Slideshare, Google+, etc.
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organization to develop and post content to social networking sites.
- Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and engage in brand-related online conversations.
- Monitor the company's social media performance usage reports and tracking search engine results.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze site performance metrics and make recommendations on content, site design or features to improve effectiveness of web content and/or applications.
- Respond to social media inquiries about online activities in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Provide support to other team members on online promotions (such as Hubspot/Wordpress, Google, AdWords campaigns and email marketing).
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics, and tracking
- - Project management and organization skills
- - Learns quickly and able to change in fast paced environment
- - Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- - Minimum 2 years related professional experience
- - BS degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, IT or related field
- - Web publishing experience
- - Experience managing communications through website planning, management, and production
- - Life science or clinical diagnostic experience preferred
- - Minimum 2 years experience as a writer or social media coordinator
- - 90% onsite, 10% travel